The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
- Truth: Love is from God.. and love is what God asks from us. Even in a society that can feel the antithesis of love. It is not my mistake if I love. And I am able to love, because Christ first loved me. There is no end in love, because Christ conquered the grave. A good day to meditate on this thought.
- Righteousness: My Righteousness comes from God. I am not made righteous because of the color of my skin, or my residence status. I am worth talking to, and I live by the commandments of my God.
- Peace: Why fret my soul. Stop fretting. Stop wondering about tomorrow. You need to have peace in you heart (and feet apparently) so you can start walking. How easy it is to hide under a blanket and watch the world go by... This can even be done while busying myself with all good things. But peace girl, peace because Jesus conquered the grave.
- Faith: Boo to always forgetting to believe. I believe, please help my unbelief. I have faith in a faithful God. I have lived some life, and have experienced that he comes through for me. I do not need to live in the "ifs", because I know that my God is ABLE. If he is able to do the whippings and the hanging on the cross, he is able to figure out my next step.
- Salvation: I am saved. I do not need to die. I do not need to think that death is the answer to questions/problems i have. Life is hard. But I am saved. He has conquered the grave.
- Sword of the spirit, word of God: With this blog post, I am going on the offensive. I am not crying in fear of the what ifs, but rather remembering that I have an armor that I can choose to wear, and wear I should and will. Instead of growing hard or apathetic or losing hope. I am going to remember this armor, and walk. Walk along as a good Christian soldier.
ps: thank you Jesus for the cross. :)