- I have been sitting in on classes bout missional theology and postmodern thinking and hermeneutics. All interesting things to think about. I also applied for school here.. and finally made peace bout the fact that I might be starting seminary soon!!!? GAH.
Some random thoughts that I need to write down...
- I believe that God, as sent by Jesus is truly the answer to this world. While I may not understand his mind, I can continue to learn about it, and to this end I believe that theological understanding is important. However, I will never be part of an establishment purely for the sake of the establishment. God uses institutions to His end, but he is God. I see the wonderful things that institutions do, but also the falleness of them.
- But God is perfect and He is in way more than institutions, or doctrine. He is in the flower that is slowly appearing with the fading of winter, he is in the poor, regardless of how they got poor. If my mind cannot imagine Him there, it doesn't mean he is not there.... I need to remember that at the end of the day. I am small.. very small. also in the Roma families that have to eat out of the trashbin. I cannot limit God in my experiences...
- God is love. He is the perfect love that takes away all fear. My actions need to reflect the loving nature of God. even where sometimes I fear that they are doing the wrong thing. This fear of their actions needs to be smaller than the love God has for them, and by extension, the love I have for them. I need to learn to love people...
- Song that I think about when I am in this mode....
- When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
- Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.
- See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
- Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
Have a good day, write soon!